POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [Win] Save_as destroys original file Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:28:15 EDT (-0400)
  [Win] Save_as destroys original file (Message 9 to 18 of 18)
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: Re: [Win] Save_as destroys original file
Date: 8 Sep 2001 14:54:16
Message: <3b9a6958@news.povray.org>
news:3B9A5CBE.3AF930DA@pacbell.net...

> Chris Cason wrote:
> >
> > > When I save a modified file under a different file, the original file
is
> > > destroyed, too. I end up with to identical files.
> >
> > I can't replicate this. Can someone else confirm this, to see if it's an
OS-
> > specific problem ? (I am only testing under 2k).
>
> I can confirm that a save_as results in two duplicate files under Win 98.
> All changes are retained across both files.

    Arrggh!! I didn't check mine to see if changes were duplicated! I
misread the original post! All my old files are changed!

Post a reply to this message

From: Dave Dunn
Date: 8 Sep 2001 15:39:19
Message: <3B9A747C.E5B2D3D1@aol.com>
The file destruction was definitely true in 3.1, as it is in 3.5. I guess I
stopped noticing it when I got myself in the habit of saving the file under the
new name *before* making any changes. But now that you mention it, it would be
nice if it didn't do that.

1G Athlon
Win ME

Post a reply to this message