POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Win install Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  Win install (Message 1 to 10 of 27)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: Win install
Date: 7 Sep 2001 08:57:21
Message: <3b98c431@news.povray.org>
Windows install (minor) gripe.

3 icons? One on the desktop, and 2 in the start menu? IMHO that's 2 too many

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: Win install
Date: 7 Sep 2001 09:41:06
Message: <3b98ce72@news.povray.org>
"Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote in message news:3b98c431@news.povray.org...
> 3 icons? One on the desktop, and 2 in the start menu? IMHO that's 2 too many

I don't see where you're getting two in the start menu from. It adds a start
menu group (strictly speaking, it's a program menu group, but I won't split
hairs) and a start menu icon (or direct shortcut), but that's not the same
thing as two icons in the start menu.

I feel this is not excessive, considering how trivially easy it is to delete
these (which is probably your best solution, no ???)

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message