POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Win install : Re: Win install Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win install
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 7 Sep 2001 10:16:36
Message: <3B98D6C7.8F7CB1A9@atosorigin.com>
Adrien Beau wrote:

> Tom Melly wrote:
> >
> > Windows install (minor) gripe.
> >
> > 3 icons? One on the desktop, and 2 in the start menu? IMHO that's 2 too many
>
> The POV-Ray sub-folder in Start > Programs is a bare minimum,
> that every Windows program has used since Windows 95.
>
> The POV-Ray icon in Start > Programs is perhaps redundant,
> but saves one mouse "move". Major applications (Office, etc.)
> use that also.
>
> I'm told some persons use the desktop, so putting an icon there
> is not a bad idea.

I find the desktop too agressive.
If I really want it on desktop, I can do it manually
(Or it can be asked during the installation).

The folder is fine, but everything in it should still be tagged with Povray.
(Readme, license, Tutorial, and so)

IMNSHO, the shortcut for povray should be in the folder.
If I want it top application, It is easy to move it.

Because every programs behave like a pig is no reason to do the same.
(Sorry, I do not want to offense pigs).