POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : "warp" broken in beta 4? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  "warp" broken in beta 4? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Jeff Lee
Subject: "warp" broken in beta 4?
Date: 1 Oct 2001 16:06:17
Message: <1103_1001966819@mcmurdo>
I have a scene, originally written for MegaPOV 0.5, which takes a complex texture used
on a flat part of a model, and imposes a cylindrical warp for use on another part.
It fails under 3.5 beta 4.  Here's an extremely simplified version:

#declare T_Flat  = texture { pigment { gradient x }}

#declare T_Cylindrical = texture { T_Flat
  scale <0.075/pi,1,10>
  warp { cylindrical }
  rotate x*-90
}

Is that use of "warp" not permitted under 3.5, or is it supposed to work like it did
in MegaPOV?

Post a reply to this message