POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : "warp" broken in beta 4? : Re: "warp" broken in beta 4? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "warp" broken in beta 4?
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 1 Oct 2001 20:20:03
Message: <3BB907B7.4080309@videotron.ca>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>
>>I can confirm this does not work.  However, i do not know if it is supposed
>>to work in 3.5 or not.
>>

> See the 'object_pattern.pov' sample scene for a working example.
>
> It seem to work with texture maps but not if they are declared.

It is not specific to declared textures as it fails on the following as
well:

sphere{
     < 0, 0, 0 > 2
     texture{
         pigment{ gradient x }
         scale <0.075/pi,1,10>
         warp { cylindrical }
         rotate x*-90
     }
}

 From my experience, it works when it is inside a pigment, finish or
normal block, but not at the "texture" level.

For example, Jeff's code will work, if modified this way:

#declare P_Flat  = pigment { gradient x }

#declare T_Cylindrical = texture {
     pigment{
         P_Flat
         warp { cylindrical }
     }
     scale <0.075/pi,1,10>
     rotate x*-90
}

/*   videotron.ca  */}camera{location<6,1.25,-6>look_at a orthographic}