POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Jitter in wood textures Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Jitter in wood textures (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: Jitter in wood textures
Date: 19 Sep 2003 05:22:28
Message: <4milmv8nqfjeqdrgc3ed16uj75pthqo888@4ax.com>
Can anyone offer advice about how to eliminate jitter in wood during an
animation. I am not using jitter or crand. I am using the standard material
DMFDarkOak which is scaled in the material and in the object. Any advice will be
appreciated.

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Stephen McAvoy <McA### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> Can anyone offer advice about how to eliminate jitter in wood during an
> animation. I am not using jitter or crand. I am using the standard material
> DMFDarkOak which is scaled in the material and in the object. Any advice will be
> appreciated.

  Try scaling the texture bigger. If it results in something you don't want
to use, then I suppose there's no other way than to use a very high-quality
antialiasing (and turn antialiasing jittering off).

On 19 Sep 2003 07:58:47 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  Try scaling the texture bigger. If it results in something you don't want
>to use, then I suppose there's no other way than to use a very high-quality
>antialiasing (and turn antialiasing jittering off).
Thanks Warp, I still get jittering with
Antialias_Threshold = 0.0
Antialias_Depth = 3
Sampling_Method = 1

And I never use jittering in animations, well not after the first one.
I've picked a different wood type and not scaled it down so much.

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message