POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Jitter in wood textures : Re: Jitter in wood textures Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:46:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jitter in wood textures
From: KalleK
Date: 20 Sep 2003 13:28:34
Message: <3f6c8e42$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen McAvoy wrote:
> Can anyone offer advice about how to eliminate jitter in wood during
> an animation. I am not using jitter or crand. I am using the standard
> material DMFDarkOak which is scaled in the material and in the
> object. Any advice will be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>         Stephen

Hi!

Just an idea: maybe it's not a special jitter with wood, but only especially
visible with it:

Have you only turned jitter off:
Jitter=off
or have you turned down the jitteramount, too:
Jitter_Amount=0.0
I'm not sure, but in former versions of POVRay (pre-3.5) turning off jitter
was not enough. At least that's what I experienced. Maybe this strange
behaviour is still alive...

Kalle