POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Procedural and Texture map problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Procedural and Texture map problem (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: McHannemann
Subject: Procedural and Texture map problem
Date: 9 Jun 2006 10:55:00
Message: <web.44898ae8f762b50d57c27d130@news.povray.org>

when I render a procedural on it, there are visible seams in the
areas where the uv texels are seperated through a seam.

So my issue is now the following,
how can I declare that the procedural does not take any uv information
into account? So it would render without any seams perfectly!
I would use that to put decals on a procedural texture.

Regards,

Thor

Post a reply to this message

> when I render a procedural on it, there are visible seams in the
> areas where the uv texels are seperated through a seam.

> So my issue is now the following,
> how can I declare that the procedural does not take any uv information
> into account? So it would render without any seams perfectly!
> I would use that to put decals on a procedural texture.
>
> Regards,
>
> Thor

....grr... found the solution,
the exporter I use auto uv-mapped the object with the pov-material,
so that way it got messed up...

Thor