POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : shadows and transparent textures (transparency map) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  shadows and transparent textures (transparency map) (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: uwe
Subject: shadows and transparent textures (transparency map)
Date: 7 Mar 2005 11:40:00
Message: <web.422c831e64e9657f77b144780@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
i am using a TGA file with alpha channel as an image map.  i had expected
that the object would not cast shadows in areas where the image is
completely transparent.

however, the shadows are not affected by the image map. the shadows are
those cast by the underlying object.

has anyone got an idea how i could get the desired result?

kind regards, uwe

Post a reply to this message

> however, the shadows are not affected by the image map. the shadows are
> those cast by the underlying object.

If you can see through it, then it should not cast a shadow. Perhaps your
max_trace_level is too low?

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message