POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : shadows and transparent textures (transparency map) : Re: shadows and transparent textures (transparency map) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shadows and transparent textures (transparency map)
From: Slime
Date: 13 Mar 2005 15:06:40
Message: <42349d50@news.povray.org>
> max_trace_level makes no difference in this case.
>
> consider this example:

Yeah, you're right (tested with my own transparent PNG). The problem doesn't
happen if you remove the uv_mapping keyword.

I also get some weird results trying to rotate the polygon when uv_mapping
is there.

Oh, according to "3.5.7.1  Supported Objects" in the docs, uv_mapping isn't
supported for polygons. And if it *did* work for a polygon, you'd probably
have to put the texture block inside the polygon object instead of inside an
object{} wrapper. Do you really even need it for a polygon (which is 2D)?
What are you trying to do?

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]