POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : BSSRDF Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  BSSRDF (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Antonio Ferrari
Subject: BSSRDF
Date: 1 Sep 2004 04:20:00
Message: <web.413585b631cb8be9be3dcf8c0@news.povray.org>
Is BSSRDF method implemented in POV-Ray? If not,
is it possible to simulate on POV-Ray BSSRDF? Are
similar methods implemented?

In particular should be useful for me to apply
this method for marble translucency...

Best regards.

Antonio Ferrari

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: BSSRDF
Date: 1 Sep 2004 04:30:02
Message: <ch4150$2ij$1@chho.imagico.de>
Antonio Ferrari wrote:
> Is BSSRDF method implemented in POV-Ray? If not,
> is it possible to simulate on POV-Ray BSSRDF? Are
> similar methods implemented?

You can do subsurface scattering in POV-Ray using media.  In p.b.i. past
postings you will find quite a lot of postings showing examples for this
(just like other faked scattering techniques).

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message