POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : scene scan Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  scene scan (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: m1j
Subject: scene scan
Date: 3 Dec 2003 04:25:02
Message: <web.3fcdab97a497afb44e1f4eb10@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to scan an entire scene with out having to pass every object
to a function? Like "trace" but that does not need an object passed to it.
Or is there a way to get a list of every object in the scene after persing
to evealuate with the current tools?

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a way to scan an entire scene with out having to pass every object
> to a function? Like "trace" but that does not need an object passed to it.

Render an image of it? I'm not really sure what you're asking. The
trace() function can't act on the entire scene, because it doesn't exist
yet.

> Or is there a way to get a list of every object in the scene after persing
> to evealuate with the current tools?

No. (In what form do you think this list would be?)

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

>In article <web.3fcdab97a497afb44e1f4eb10[at]news.povray.org>,
> "m1j" <mik### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to scan an entire scene with out having to pass every object
>> to a function? Like "trace" but that does not need an object passed to it.
>
>Render an image of it? I'm not really sure what you're asking. The
>trace() function can't act on the entire scene, because it doesn't exist
>yet.
>

>> Or is there a way to get a list of every object in the scene after persing
>> to evealuate with the current tools?
>
>No. (In what form do you think this list would be?)
>
>Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet>
>http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
>POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
>http://tag.povray.org/

Well the goal was to run a quick low res trace of the scene from the lights
point of view to place point lights on every object with intensities based
on the value found in the trace. I was going for a cheep fake radiosity
method. I was hoping for a simple way of knowing about every object in the
scene. What I will have to do now is union all objects under one identifier
and trace that union.

Post a reply to this message