POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : scene scan : Re: scene scan Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scene scan
From: nospam
Date: 6 Dec 2003 00:52:53
Message: <3fd13be0.11656530@localhost>
On Fri,  5 Dec 2003 06:05:00 EST, "m1j" <mik### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>Well the goal was to run a quick low res trace of the scene from the lights
>point of view to place point lights on every object with intensities based
>on the value found in the trace. I was going for a cheep fake radiosity
>method. I was hoping for a simple way of knowing about every object in the
>scene. What I will have to do now is union all objects under one identifier
>and trace that union.

PMFJI ... but have you considered just placing
a dome of lights around your scene?  Some for
loops and some trig to place 100 or so lights
evenly ditributed in a dome.  Someone mentioned
that method here years ago and I tried it.  It
sometimes can look like radiousity.