POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : scene scan : Re: scene scan Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scene scan
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 Dec 2003 09:29:46
Message: <cjameshuff-026054.09291705122003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3fd0665c3b9d89ca4e1f4eb10@news.povray.org>,
 "m1j" <mik### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Well the goal was to run a quick low res trace of the scene from the lights
> point of view to place point lights on every object with intensities based
> on the value found in the trace. I was going for a cheep fake radiosity
> method.

Okay...well, that is very likely to be far slower than radiosity, with
much worse quality, if it even ends up coming close visually. You would
be better off with several strategically placed area lights. In that
case, remember that area lights do not affect illumination, only
shadows...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/