POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Meteorite impact Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  Meteorite impact (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Rohan Bernett
Subject: Meteorite impact
Date: 19 Aug 2002 00:35:04
Message: <web.3d607467461024218ccf4f70@news.povray.org>
I'm wondering how to make an animation of a meteorite impact forming a
crater.

Anybody got any ideas on how to do this?

Rohan _e_ii

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Meteorite impact
Date: 19 Aug 2002 00:40:26
Message: <3D60774F.13994489@pacbell.net>
Rohan Bernett wrote:

> I'm wondering how to make an animation of a meteorite impact forming a
> crater.
>
> Anybody got any ideas on how to do this?

Personally I would use a height field for this. You can start with a pretty small
scale for the height and have it grow in size as the impact deepens. Modelling the
debris and flying dirt will be another task left to your own imagination...

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message