POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : light dependant image_map? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:37 EDT (-0400)
  light dependant image_map? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Erhard Ducke
Subject: light dependant image_map?
Date: 29 Nov 2003 08:48:50
Message: <pj8hsvo9ajp3rbpqcuej2nmf45s7f9bobo@4ax.com>
Hi!
Is it possible to show different image_maps on an object depending on the
quantity of light that falls on a part of the object?
Background:
The earth should show a night bitmap (with city lights) on the night side
and another bitmap on the side that is hit by the sunlight...
Thanks!
E.D.
--
Erhard Ducke

Post a reply to this message

> Is it possible to show different image_maps on an object depending on the
> quantity of light that falls on a part of the object?
> Background:
> The earth should show a night bitmap (with city lights) on the night side
> and another bitmap on the side that is hit by the sunlight...

If you really need to have a different pigment on lit and shadowed parts
of the scene you can use the shadow_pigment feature from Mlpov.  For the
earth (light source far away, no shadows) a slope or gradient pattern
based pigment would suffice.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message