POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Triangle Mesh Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Triangle Mesh (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: David Vincent-Jones
Subject: Triangle Mesh
Date: 18 Feb 2000 13:52:28
Message: <38ad94ec@news.povray.org>
How are users creating multiple triangles from data sets

Can't seem to find utilities for this.

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Triangle Mesh
Date: 18 Feb 2000 14:11:31
Message: <chrishuff_99-58E055.14124618022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38ad94ec@news.povray.org>, "David Vincent-Jones"
<geo### [at] galaxynetcom> wrote:

> How are users creating multiple triangles from data sets
>
> Can't seem to find utilities for this.

Can you provide more information about what exactly you want? And for
which platform?

Are you looking for a conversion utility which converts from some other
mesh format to POV-Ray format? Or something that will take data and
output triangles? If the latter, what format is the data in?

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom

Post a reply to this message

I would like to put in a list of 3D points and finish up with a set of
triangles that I can massage into a mesh_triangle set.

I would like to try this as an alternate to gridding the data and then
displaying as a height_field.

I am using MS Windows and see several progs for Unix based systems but not
MS.W.

David