POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Focul blur Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Focul blur (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Chris Becker
Subject: Focul blur
Date: 27 Mar 2002 00:27:02
Message: <3ca15826$1@news.povray.org>
Here's my dilemma, I have two objects spaced apart by about 40 units that I
need in focus and I have a large object about 1000 units away that needs a
little bit of focul blur. However, since the object is far away, I need more
focul blur to make it visible which makes the object not centered blured a
great deal. Now, I thought I could make the far away object even farther
away and the scaling it so it would appear to be the same size but the
amount of blur it needs doesn't change.

So, it seems to me my problem is that focul blur is linear when I need it to
be something like exponential or parabolic, that way blur increases more
rappidly outside a certain area.

Is there anything I can do fix this? It seems motion blur would work for the
far away object and then leave out focul blur, but that isn't a feature 3.5
decide to pick up. Any other way of bluring an object other than actually
jittering the objects placement (which btw is rather complex and would take
a very long time)?

Post a reply to this message