POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Focul blur : Re: Focul blur Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focul blur
Date: 27 Mar 2002 09:30:52
Message: <fbl3au4hs12m67tndoe1sl3a2fe0so4vu8@4ax.com>
On 27 Mar 2002 09:15:33 -0500, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>  This would need bent rays, so it's not possible.

My deform patch used aproximation of bent rays to deform object.
It was only aproximation but result was (nearly) exact.

> Besides, it's something which probably just doesn't happen in photography,
> so what you are trying to model is probably physically inaccurate anyways.

Is this so important ? Does all possible values of  transmit or filter happen
in reality ? Is color of photos made from rgb components ? I think POV-Ray
isn't mirror of reality so it can make things imposible there.

ABX