POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A bunch of feature requests! Server Time
1 May 2024 23:46:05 EDT (-0400)
  A bunch of feature requests! (Message 50 to 59 of 69)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: A bunch of feature requests!
Date: 23 Jun 2010 14:27:01
Message: <4c2251f5$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.06.2010 19:08, schrieb SharkD:
> On 6/21/2010 4:09 PM, Chris Cason wrote:
>> Before posting a feature or bug request, it might be useful to sound
>> it out
>> with other users first. This doesn't mean you have to run it by us, but
>> getting other user's feedback can help improve the quality of the
>> requests
>> we get. This isn't a hard and fast rule, it's just a suggestion.
>
> There is a discussion area in bugtracker for this, no?

Not really.

There is a feature to allow other users and/or developers to comment on
bugs & feature request, but this is primarily intended for providing
additional information, or feedback on the current status. For proper
discussions, it lacks the necessary publicity. (When was the last time
you just browsed the bugtracker just to see if there was some
interesting discussion going on in some of the entries?)

As someone else already said, the POV-Ray community is strongest in the
newsgroups.

Post a reply to this message

> There is a feature to allow other users and/or developers to comment on
> bugs & feature request, but this is primarily intended for providing
> additional information, or feedback on the current status. For proper
> discussions, it lacks the necessary publicity. (When was the last time
> you just browsed the bugtracker just to see if there was some
> interesting discussion going on in some of the entries?)
>
> As someone else already said, the POV-Ray community is strongest in the
> newsgroups.

True, but as you can see threads here have difficulty staying on-topic.

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message