POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A bunch of feature requests! Server Time
27 May 2024 05:50:37 EDT (-0400)
  A bunch of feature requests! (Message 31 to 40 of 69)
From: SharkD
Subject: Re: A bunch of feature requests!
Date: 20 Jun 2010 15:04:35
Message: <4c1e6643@news.povray.org>
On 6/20/2010 2:16 PM, nemesis wrote:
> We're not primitive.  We just enjoy using far superior text editors.  Both vim
> and emacs kick povray's Windows editor's butt major time, complete with syntax
> highligh, generalized textual completion and user code templates.  No point
> degrading. :)
>
> I don't think it'd be useful for povray developers to try to duplicate such
> functionality either, just give us the glorious backend.

I made that statement based on the faulty assumption that Linux users
*do* in fact have a dedicated IDE/frontend.

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 20 Jun 2010 15:55:00
Message: <web.4c1e717655d1933d42ae90b20@news.povray.org>
SharkD <pos### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 6/20/2010 2:16 PM, nemesis wrote:
> > We're not primitive.  We just enjoy using far superior text editors.  Both vim
> > and emacs kick povray's Windows editor's butt major time, complete with syntax
> > highligh, generalized textual completion and user code templates.  No point
> > degrading. :)
> >
> > I don't think it'd be useful for povray developers to try to duplicate such
> > functionality either, just give us the glorious backend.
>
> I made that statement based on the faulty assumption that Linux users
> *do* in fact have a dedicated IDE/frontend.

I know.  My point is that we don't need a weak frontend. :)

Post a reply to this message