POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : ultraviolet light source Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:56 EDT (-0400)
  ultraviolet light source (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Florian Siegmund
Subject: ultraviolet light source
Date: 29 Nov 2005 03:20:00
Message: <web.438c0e37e1d06479b05a49370@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to design a scene containing a "blacklight" source? What I
mean is: I want an object (or single parts of an object) only to be visible
when being lit by special light sources. Other parts of the scene should
not be affected by these LS. I know that one can achieve this by using
light groups, but the main problem I have to solve is, how do I create an
object that becomes invisible (translucent, not black!) when the LS is
switched off or when other objects cast shadows on it?

Post a reply to this message