POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : ultraviolet light source : Re: ultraviolet light source Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:29:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ultraviolet light source
From: Daniel Nilsson
Date: 29 Nov 2005 06:53:32
Message: <438c413c$1@news.povray.org>
Florian Siegmund wrote:
> Is it possible to design a scene containing a "blacklight" source? What I
> mean is: I want an object (or single parts of an object) only to be visible
> when being lit by special light sources. Other parts of the scene should
> not be affected by these LS. I know that one can achieve this by using
> light groups, but the main problem I have to solve is, how do I create an
> object that becomes invisible (translucent, not black!) when the LS is
> switched off or when other objects cast shadows on it?

I have made a small test scene that might be what you are looking for,
see the posts I will make i a few minutes to p.b.i and p.t.s-f.
I've got the idea for the additive pigment used in the scene from a post
  by someone on these newsgroups. Credits should go to whoever that was
(I can't remember and can't find the post right now).

--
Daniel Nilsson