POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Save photon map as an image? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Save photon map as an image? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: louis gehring
Subject: Save photon map as an image?
Date: 12 Feb 2004 10:23:11
Message: <402b9a5f$1@news.povray.org>
Can anyone suggest how to save a photon map as a
separate color image without any other lighting effects?
I have a surface which needs to be diffuse and white for
other reasons but this obscures the caustics.  I thought
there might be a way to open a saved photon map
as an image in Photoshop or- ??

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bo Gehring

Post a reply to this message

"louis gehring" <bog### [at] verizonnet> wrote in message
> Can anyone suggest how to save a photon map as a
> separate color image without any other lighting effects?
> I have a surface which needs to be diffuse and white for
> other reasons but this obscures the caustics.  I thought
> there might be a way to open a saved photon map
> as an image in Photoshop or- ??

No, not that I've ever heard of anyway. Only thing you might be able to do
is rerender with the loaded photon map and comment out any lights to see it
better. Might look okay then, but I'm not 100% certain.

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message

> Can anyone suggest how to save a photon map as a
> separate color image without any other lighting effects?
> I have a surface which needs to be diffuse and white for
> other reasons but this obscures the caustics.  I thought
> there might be a way to open a saved photon map
> as an image in Photoshop or- ??

A photon map is a 3d data structure, there is no way to save it as an
image file.  If you want to get a render of the scene with only photon
based illumination you can try to render without light sources and a
loaded photon map as Bob suggested.

Christoph

Last updated 11 Jan. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

"Hughes, B." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> "louis gehring" <bog### [at] verizonnet> wrote in message
> > Can anyone suggest how to save a photon map as a
> > separate color image without any other lighting effects?
> > I have a surface which needs to be diffuse and white for
> > other reasons but this obscures the caustics.  I thought
> > there might be a way to open a saved photon map
> > as an image in Photoshop or- ??
>
> No, not that I've ever heard of anyway. Only thing you might be able to do
> is rerender with the loaded photon map and comment out any lights to see
it
> better. Might look okay then, but I'm not 100% certain.
>
> Bob H.

Post a reply to this message