POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : PovRay Geometry Converter to 3D Standard format Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:32 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay Geometry Converter to 3D Standard format (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
Subject: PovRay Geometry Converter to 3D Standard format
Date: 21 Jan 2004 12:39:41
Message: <400eb95d$1@news.povray.org>
--------------( oo )--------------

I'm using PovRay mainly for architectural Design. The beauty of PovRay is
that we could sketch algorithms that will represent the logic of space
(Mitchell-MiT).

You could see one of my work done with PovRay (sketched with PovRay at the
first stages of design). http://www.vif.com/users/goo/ReV/ReV00.htm The
project is built in Montreal. I don't know if many people use PovRay as tool
for  construction.

I had some trouble at the stage of convert the model to standard format for
engineers (AutoCAD).

Is there a good way to convert geometry to DXF format. Even if it's just
Boxs-Points and Lines objects?

--------------( oo )--------------

Architecture CAAO Website[VIF
www.vif.com/users/goo

Post a reply to this message

> You could see one of my work done with PovRay (sketched with PovRay at the
> first stages of design). http://www.vif.com/users/goo/ReV/ReV00.htm The
> project is built in Montreal. I don't know if many people use PovRay as tool
> for  construction.

	Looks quite nice indeed.  I wonder if you applied post-processing
to your images, such as to add e.g. a diffuse glow on the highligts ?
	Very good CGI/real-world integration also.

	(sorry I can't answer your question).

	- NC

Post a reply to this message

>     Looks quite nice indeed.  I wonder if you applied post-processing
> to your images, such as to add e.g. a diffuse glow on the highligts ?
>     Very good CGI/real-world integration also.

	Damn, I just realized your pictures show a REAL sculpture ;-)
	"You know you have been raytracing too long when..."

	- NC

Date: 22 Jan 2004 17:23:08
Message: <40104d4c$1@news.povray.org>
--------------( oo )--------------

Thanks NC,
Funny to see how it could be confusing.
Maybe it's because Escher did some drawings similar.

Here's Some links to others Pictures:

http://www.vif.com/users/goo/ReV/ReV01NB.htm
http://www.vif.com/users/goo/ReV/ReV01.htm
http://www.vif.com/users/goo/ReV/ReV00.jpg

514.524.3010 www.vif.com/users/goo

http://ps.dgtic.umontreal.ca:2050/observatoire_cmao/data/p0034/site/index.ht
"Nicolas Calimet" <pov### [at] freefr> wrote in message
> >     Looks quite nice indeed.  I wonder if you applied post-processing
> > to your images, such as to add e.g. a diffuse glow on the highligts ?
> >     Very good CGI/real-world integration also.
>
> Damn, I just realized your pictures show a REAL sculpture ;-)
> "You know you have been raytracing too long when..."
>
> - NC

Post a reply to this message