POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Paid Project offer (image gneration for security purposes) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:33:03 EDT (-0400)
  Paid Project offer (image gneration for security purposes) (Message 13 to 22 of 22)
From:  ! Chris
Subject: Re: Paid Project offer (image gneration for security purposes)
Date: 6 Aug 2003 00:21:03
Message: <3f30822f@news.povray.org>
Relax - I have not made mention of the audio-interface here, since
this is a graphics-related newsgroup.

"Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom> wrote in message
> > I require a routine for a security application I am writing.  My
> > application requires users to choose a password which consists
> > of 2 things:
> > 1. a traditional alphanumeric secret password
> > 2. a chosen picture
>
> One thing that bothers me about this, and that you might want to keep in
> mind, is that this security system will be completely inaccessible to
blind
> users.
>
>  - Slime
> [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

From:  ! Chris
Date: 6 Aug 2003 00:27:03
Message: <3f308397@news.povray.org>
Correction - crosposting to 4 or more groups gets rejected (not 3
or more as I said in my last post)

Amusingly - here is your guideline which I admit I did not read first:-

  The News Server Administration will delete any messages that they
feel are excessively cross-posted without warning to discourage this
type of activity. Excessive cross-posting may be considered messages
that are posted to more than 4 groups at one time and/or they are
cross-posted to groups that have no bearing on the content of the
message that is being cross-posted. Multi-posted messages that exceed
more than 2 groups will not be tolerated at all and may also be
subject to immediate deletion.

And coincidentally - I cross-posted to 3 groups, and multiposted twice
(by reason of being denied in the 1st place - not by my choice) - so
I have in fact posted to a total of just 4 groups anyhow, which happens
to be within your guidelines... so perhaps an apology would not go
astray?

Chris.

"Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom> wrote in message
> > I require a routine for a security application I am writing.  My
> > application requires users to choose a password which consists
> > of 2 things:
> > 1. a traditional alphanumeric secret password
> > 2. a chosen picture
>
> One thing that bothers me about this, and that you might want to keep in
> mind, is that this security system will be completely inaccessible to
blind
> users.
>
>  - Slime
> [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]