POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : specular highlight bug? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  specular highlight bug? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Tek
Subject: specular highlight bug?
Date: 23 May 2003 15:39:33
Message: <3ece78f5$1@news.povray.org>
Why does the specular highlight vanish if I make my light source shadowless?
Is there any way round this?

simple test scene:

//the blue light has a specular highlight, the red does not.
sphere { z*3, 1 pigment { rgb .5 } finish { specular 1 roughness 0.01 } }

light_source { <-1,1,-1>*1000 rgb <1,0,0> shadowless }

light_source { <1,1,-1>*1000 rgb <0,0,1> }

Any help would be much appreciated, it's causing massive slowdown in my render
to test shadows for 50 light sources.
--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com