POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Different camera parameters Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:07 EDT (-0400)
  Different camera parameters (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Warp
Subject: Different camera parameters
Date: 23 Apr 2003 05:07:43
Message: <3ea657df@news.povray.org>
Even after using POV-Ray for over 5 years and considering myself an
experienced user, the exact meaning of different camera parameters still
elude me.
  Could someone who knows exactly how they work explain in detail?

  For example, I fail to deduce the reason why "up -y" flips the image
horizontally.
  What is the difference between the 'sky' and the 'up' vectors?

  How exactly does 'direction' work?
  Do 'angle' and 'direction' work together, or are they mutually exclusive
alternatives to do the same thing (by different way of measuring things)?
That is, if I specify 'direction', does it simply override a previous 'angle'
definition, or does it add something to it instead?
  What is the relation (if any) between 'direction' and 'look_at'?
  Perhaps 'direction' is a way of defining both 'angle' and 'look_at' with
one single vector?