POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Volcanic sputter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Volcanic sputter (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: David Wallace
Subject: Volcanic sputter
Date: 8 Aug 2002 11:29:53
Message: <3d528e71@news.povray.org>
I am testing an emission media for use as lava.  The problem is, I am
getting a solid white ball in my test sphere:

// Lava
#declare texLava = texture {
 pigment { rgbt 1 }
 //finish { ambient 0.7 }
}

#declare intLava = interior {
 ior 1.4
 media {
  emission 0.1
  samples 3, 8
  method 3
  intervals 2
  density {
   spherical
   triangle_wave
   frequency 2
   turbulence 0.6
   color_map {
    [ 0.02 rgb 1.2 ]
    [ 0.08 rgb <1, 1, 0> ]
    [ 0.16 rgb <1, 0, 0> ]
    [ 0.25 rgbt <0, 0, 0, 1> ]
   }
   scale 0.1
  }
 }
}

sphere {
 0, 10
 hollow
 texture { texLava }
 interior { intLava }
}

If I remove the 0.1 from emission, the media disappears entirely.  What have
I done wrong here?

Post a reply to this message