POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : transform an object to an isosurface. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  transform an object to an isosurface. (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Settra
Subject: transform an object to an isosurface.
Date: 20 May 2002 10:52:38
Message: <3ce90db6@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone. I asked for myself if there was a way to take an object and
add a calculated value to its normal. In fact, what i want is a
displacement shader but i want it to be pov-compliant (i.e no povman or
other patch). does anyone here know of a maner to do this?

ps: excuse my poor english ;-p
pps: excuse me for the double post.
--
--      --      --      --      --      --      --
http://skarsnik.free.fr/settra/  (pour l'instant un peu vide)

Post a reply to this message

> Hi everyone. I asked for myself if there was a way to take an object and
> add a calculated value to its normal. In fact, what i want is a
> displacement shader but i want it to be pov-compliant (i.e no povman or
> other patch). does anyone here know of a maner to do this?

Not directly.
But have a look at the iso_csg include file by Christoph Hormann.

--
Jonathan.

Home: http://digilander.iol.it/jrgpov

Post a reply to this message

tnx for the link, i had lost it :) i'll take a look at it.

"Settra" <set### [at] caramailcom> ha scritto nel messaggio
> tnx for the link, i had lost it :) i'll take a look at it.

Uh? I didn't give you any link :-)
You can find the iso_csg include file in povray.binaries.scene-files.

Cheers,

--
Jonathan.

Home: http://digilander.iol.it/jrgpov

Post a reply to this message

> > tnx for the link, i had lost it :) i'll take a look at it.
>
> Uh? I didn't give you any link :-)
> You can find the iso_csg include file in povray.binaries.scene-files.

Not the current version, it's available on:

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/pov/ic/index.html

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 05 May. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

> "Settra" <set### [at] caramailcom> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> tnx for the link, i had lost it :) i'll take a look at it.
>
> Uh? I didn't give you any link :-)
ha ha, in fact you gave me a name, I did a search on google and found his
site that I had lost. Lol.