POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Volumetric "media" fog... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Volumetric "media" fog... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From:  Light Beam
Subject: Volumetric "media" fog...
Date: 1 Apr 2002 12:11:30
Message: <3ca894c2@news.povray.org>
Can somebody can help me to simulate an "Atmospheric blue media" like
Terragen does (for example) this test scene following use the fog to
simulate it but I think I can does it better with medias... the fog is too
simple and the far spheres looks to be erased by the fog, I just want to
make them blue-er like when you look at far mountains at the morning...

// MEDIA test... without media so !

background {color rgb <0.1, 0.1, 0.8>}

light_source {<30, -30, 100> color rgb <1.0, 1.0, 0.9>
area_light <-10,-10,-10><10,10,10>,5,5
adaptive 2
jitter
circular
orient
}

plane {z,0 texture {pigment {color rgb <1.0, 1.0, 0.9>}}}

camera {location <0, 0, 1.7> look_at <0.0, 50.0, 1.0>}

#declare yy = 0;

#while (yy < 31)
 sphere {<3, yy*8, 1>1 pigment {color rgb <0.7, 0.1, 0.2>}}
 sphere {<-3, yy*8, 1>1 pigment {color rgb <0.7, 0.1, 0.2>}}
 #declare yy = yy + 1;
#end

fog {
  fog_type 1
  distance 150
  color rgb <0.5, 0.5, 0.8>
}

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 19:13:00 +0200, "_Light_Beam_" <fac### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

>the far spheres looks to be erased by the fog, I just want to
>make them blue-er like when you look at far mountains at the morning...

Have you tried filtering fog?

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg

> Can somebody can help me to simulate an "Atmospheric blue media" like
> Terragen does (for example) this test scene following use the fog to
> simulate it but I think I can does it better with medias... the fog is too
> simple and the far spheres looks to be erased by the fog, I just want to
> make them blue-er like when you look at far mountains at the morning...

<snip>
Air _scatters_ light.  Try scattering media.
__________________
 RAY

Post a reply to this message

I try scattering media, but I can't tune it ! my blue sky become black an no
media appear...

3ca8f988$1@news.povray.org...

> > Can somebody can help me to simulate an "Atmospheric blue media" like
> > Terragen does (for example) this test scene following use the fog to
> > simulate it but I think I can does it better with medias... the fog is
too
> > simple and the far spheres looks to be erased by the fog, I just want to
> > make them blue-er like when you look at far mountains at the morning...
> >
> <snip>
> Air _scatters_ light.  Try scattering media.
>  RAY

Post a reply to this message