POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Volumetric "media" fog... : Re: Volumetric "media" fog... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Volumetric "media" fog...
From: Peter Popov
Date: 2 Apr 2002 15:54:27
Message: <o76kauks268umqjlc3jr4rlrv15inljk3t@4ax.com>
On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 21:24:36 +0200, "_Light_Beam_" <fac### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

>I try scattering media, but I can't tune it ! my blue sky become black an no
>media appear...

Remember that light gets scattered more when it passes through more
media. Also, I've found extinction 0.1 to be a good value for
atmospheric media. Don't use isotropic scattering, Rayleigh seems best
fit for the purpose. Lastly, before you venture into media, I still
think the effect you're after can be achieved by adding filter or
transmit to the color of your fog, without any media whatsoever.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg