POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How would i do a Mitt? means put two pipe together seamless at 90 degree. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  How would i do a Mitt? means put two pipe together seamless at 90 degree. (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: GrndAdmThrawn
Subject: How would i do a Mitt? means put two pipe together seamless at 90 degree.
Date: 25 Jun 2001 03:22:54
Message: <3b36e6ce@news.povray.org>
I'm wondering how you would like take two cylinder at like 90 degree or 45
degree  then put the end together but the end part would stick out of each
others, how would u cut those end part off and delete it so the pipe like
fits together without any gap or junk sticking out??

kind of like

    /|\
  / / \ \
/ /     \ \

thanks in advance

Post a reply to this message

> I'm wondering how you would like take two cylinder at like 90 degree or 45
> degree  then put the end together but the end part would stick out of each
> others, how would u cut those end part off and delete it so the pipe like
> fits together without any gap or junk sticking out??
>
> kind of like
>
>     /|\
>   / / \ \
> / /     \ \
>
> thanks in advance

You could use an intersection between an infinite cylinder from
shapes.inc and a plane.  I usually just stick in a sphere to close the
gap.
--
Dan Johnson

http://www.geocities.com/zapob

Post a reply to this message

"Dan Johnson" <zap### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> GrndAdmThrawn wrote:
> >
> > I'm wondering how you would like take two cylinder at like 90 degree or
45
> > degree  then put the end together but the end part would stick out of
each
> > others, how would u cut those end part off and delete it so the pipe
like
> > fits together without any gap or junk sticking out??
> >
 > You could use an intersection between an infinite cylinder from
> shapes.inc and a plane.  I usually just stick in a sphere to close the
> gap.

Or use blob maybe.  For components in the blob just two cylinders would do
okay, as in:

light_source {<1,1,-10>,1}

camera {location -5*z angle 60 look_at y}

blob {
        cylinder {2*x,0,.5,1 rotate 45*z}
        cylinder {2*x,0,.5,1 rotate 90*z}
        threshold 0.001