POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : MegaPov Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:30:17 EDT (-0400)
  MegaPov (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: David Vincent-Jones
Subject: MegaPov
Date: 5 Feb 2001 16:35:42
Message: <3a7f1cae@news.povray.org>
After many wasted days of work trying to get a large annimation to run under
regular Pov-Ray, a kind soul sugested using MegaPov...... I now get full
uninterupted runs. Great !!

I can only imagine that the problem was related to garbage collection. I
found PR just kept running but the output image simply froze and died.......

Can anybody tell me when we might get the next official Pov-Ray version ?

Post a reply to this message

> Can anybody tell me when we might get the next official Pov-Ray version ?

Almost definitely this year sometime maybe.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> After many wasted days of work trying to get a large annimation to run under
> regular Pov-Ray, a kind soul sugested using MegaPov...... I now get full
> uninterupted runs. Great !!
>
> I can only imagine that the problem was related to garbage collection. I
> found PR just kept running but the output image simply froze and died.......

Whatever you are observing has absolutely nothing to do with the official
version.  The reason is simple: The memory management is _identical_ in
MegaPOV...

     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

>Whatever you are observing has absolutely nothing to do with the official
>version.  The reason is simple: The memory management is _identical_ in
>MegaPOV...

Not quite.  A number of memory leaks are fixed in MegaPOV.

--
Mark

Post a reply to this message