POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : povray for LINUX Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  povray for LINUX (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Adam Gibbons
Subject: povray for LINUX
Date: 13 Jan 2001 19:57:38
Message: <3a60f982@news.povray.org>
if any one out there has used Povray for windows and for linux. then maybe
you can answer my question. if  you have used the version of povray for
linux, you will probably if like me find it easy to uses as it lets you edit
the souce code with nice colours to help devide everything up and it will
also give you a window as you are rendering the image. basicly i want to
know if you can get the same kinda of program running for SuSE. preferably
in X-windows or some thing. i have downloaded the linux version of povray
fro the povray site. but when i insatll it all i get it the command line
version of povray-linux. maybe i am installing it wrong. As i am not very
gooda useing linux. please can some one provide me with some instructions on
installing povray for x-windows in linux. and then how i run the program.
any help would be grate.

thanks

Adam

Post a reply to this message