POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : povray for LINUX : Re: povray for LINUX Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray for LINUX
From: Peter Popov
Date: 14 Jan 2001 02:38:31
Message: <1uj26tcc3g8136bujqo9rselb58tk0o5gk@4ax.com>
On Sun, 14 Jan 2001 00:51:42 -0000, "Adam Gibbons"
<Fie### [at] emailcom> wrote:

>if any one out there has used Povray for windows and for linux. then maybe
>you can answer my question. if  you have used the version of povray for
>linux, you will probably if like me find it easy to uses as it lets you edit
>the souce code with nice colours to help devide everything up and it will
>also give you a window as you are rendering the image. basicly i want to
>know if you can get the same kinda of program running for SuSE. preferably
>in X-windows or some thing.

If you want X display, execute x-povray (X version) instead of
s-povray (shell version) or povray (generic Unix).

As of color syntax highlighting, get XEmacs and search the links on
povray.org for povmode, then install it (read the instructions before
mailing the author :) )

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg