POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : light patterns Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  light patterns (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: James Foster
Subject: light patterns
Date: 18 Nov 2001 13:27:06
Message: <3BF7FD7F.F1D02C1C@durham.ac.uk>
we've all seen these cool-looking light patterns created from shining
photons through tori and such. Is it possible to design an object to
give a desired light pattern, such as readable letters?

I've always wanted to be able to do this. After seeing povrays results
when using photons i got excited thinking it's very possible to reverse
what it does to decide where the photons go, to come up with something
to say what the object should be like.

what are your thought? im/possible un/cool

James

Post a reply to this message