POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : HF Erosion Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:14:01 EDT (-0400)
  HF Erosion (Message 11 to 20 of 30)
From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: HF Erosion
Date: 25 Jul 2000 10:52:43
Message: <chrishuff-A980E9.09532425072000@news.povray.org>
In article <397DA45B.6514AB60@my-dejanews.com>,
gre### [at] my-dejanewscom wrote:

> I've always hated heightfields (read: never gotten good with them).
>
> I think humanity would ultimately be served by someone figuring out an
> algorithmic, mathematical way to "erode" a smooth rolling isosurface.

Maybe some kind of filter for 3df files? You could then use the 3df file
as input for a pigment function for the isosurface.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 25 Jul 2000 10:56:02
Message: <397DA95A.B58E927B@my-dejanews.com>
Ugh, that would require me understanding what the heck a 3df is.

;)