POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : HF Erosion : Re: HF Erosion Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HF Erosion
From: Chris Huff
Date: 25 Jul 2000 11:44:54
Message: <chrishuff-11B5FF.10453625072000@news.povray.org>
In article <8F7CA201Aseed7@204.213.191.228>, ing### [at] homenl (ingo)
wrote:

> I tried something but did not succeed. The idea was to take two df3-files
> into a hexeditor, chop the header of, replace it with a tga header. Then
> take both in ImageMagick and morph. Then do the header trick in the
> opposite way for each resulting image.

Seems it would be easier to just make a program output a stack of tga
files from a 3df file...anyway, what I was thinking of would be a real
3D filter designed to do erosion on a 3df file. Maybe by using some kind
of particle effects to simulate where rain would fall and water would
flow, with each particle carrying some "soil" and depositing it when it
slows down. I've had some practice with particle systems lately. :-)

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/