POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Height field bug? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Height field bug? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Sigmund Kyrre Aas
Subject: Height field bug?
Date: 28 Apr 2000 17:00:47
Message: <3909FBFE.AC2E2AC6@stud.ntnu.no>
I didn't get any response in the images group..

The hf with smooth set seems to be transmitting light. I'm using a pattern{} to
keep the scene all text. The same can be reproduced with a regular hf in the
official version. Is this a known bug?

sig.

---
#version unofficial MegaPov 0.4;
#declare Lys= light_source { 0, .85
    looks_like { sphere { 0, .1 pigment { rgb 1 } finish { ambient 1 } } }
}
object { Lys translate <1,-3,1> }
object { Lys translate <-1,-3,1> }

#default {finish {ambient 0 specular .1 roughness .05 specular 1.1 diffuse .6}}
background { rgb .1 }

disc {0,y,10 pigment {rgb 1} translate -3.1*y}

camera { location  <0, 1 ,-5> look_at 0 }

#declare Pig= pigment { color rgb <.4,.2,0>}

height_field {
    pattern 100,100 {
        hf_gray_16
        cylindrical color_map { [0 rgb 0] [1 rgb 1] }
        translate 1
        scale .3
    }
    //smooth
    pigment {Pig}
    clipped_by {plane {-y,-.05}}
    scale <5,2,5>
}
height_field {
    pattern 100,100 {
        hf_gray_16
        cylindrical color_map { [0 rgb 0] [1 rgb 1] }
        translate 1
        scale .3
    }
    smooth
    pigment {Pig}
    clipped_by {plane {-y,-.05}}
    scale <5,2,5>
    translate -x*3
}
sphere {0,.15
    pigment {rgb x}
    translate <-1,-.2,.3>

}
sphere {0,.15
    pigment {rgb x}
    translate <1,-.2,.3>
}

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:00:46 +0200, Sigmund Kyrre Aas
<as### [at] studntnuno> wrote:

>I didn't get any response in the images group..
>
>The hf with smooth set seems to be transmitting light. I'm using a pattern{} to
>keep the scene all text. The same can be reproduced with a regular hf in the
>official version. Is this a known bug?

If it were a bicubic_patch I'd call it double_illuminate trouble, but
I don't think hf's have this problem. I'm at a loss too.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet