POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POVRay-media Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  POVRay-media (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Heimo Truhetz
Subject: POVRay-media
Date: 19 Dec 1999 12:31:50
Message: <385d1686@news.povray.org>
To produce some specialeffects I'd like to use the media-statement. It's
possible to change the medias density by choosing a different
density-function like sine_wave or cubic_wave combined with some
pattern-types like gradient, boxed... . But that's not enough for me!
I'd like to create my own density as a function of a spacegrid. It's result
should be a kind of density-distribution over a given spacegrid.

Does anybody know how to get this?

Bye,

Heimo

Post a reply to this message

> To produce some specialeffects I'd like to use the media-statement. It's
> possible to change the medias density by choosing a different
> density-function like sine_wave or cubic_wave combined with some
> pattern-types like gradient, boxed... . But that's not enough for me!
> I'd like to create my own density as a function of a spacegrid. It's
> result
> should be a kind of density-distribution over a given spacegrid.
>
> Does anybody know how to get this?

This is possible with MegaPOV, which can use isosurface functions as
density functions. With the official version, you might be able to get
what you want by manipulating the density color_map.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom

Post a reply to this message

Yup.  Use *one* media statement ( media {....}) and put 3 density statements
with gradient x, gradient y, and gradient z.  Use one color_map for all of
these; something like:
color_map {
[0 rgb 1]
[.1 rgb 1]
[.1 rgb 0]
[1 rgb 0]
}

Put this in a large box with lotsa samples and there you go!

H.E. Day