POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : plasma, bozo or whatever, just help me out Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:31:02 EDT (-0400)
  plasma, bozo or whatever, just help me out (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Eitan Tal
Subject: plasma, bozo or whatever, just help me out
Date: 1 Oct 1999 06:29:34
Message: <37F48CB1.E820B562@netvision.net.il>
I remember there's such fractal called plasma (bunch of colors
toghether) that is similar to bozo. I want to have the formula of it

I still know that fractint (fractal maker) still exists and if any of
you
are interested, I think I have it somewhere on my site

I tried to make up something that should be quite similar but for some
reason it doesn't work as expected. it is based on changes (visual basic
language)

Dim matrix(32, 32)
Dim y
Dim x
Dim c
Function matrix9(x, y, val)
matrix(x, y) = val
matrix(x + 1, y) = val
matrix(x - 1, y) = val
matrix(x, y + 1) = val
matrix(x, y - 1) = val
matrix(x + 1, y + 1) = val
matrix(x - 1, y + 1) = val
matrix(x + 1, y - 1) = val
matrix(x - 1, y - 1) = val
End Function
Private Sub Command1_Click()
Command3.Enabled = False
Command4.Enabled = False
matrix(1, 1) = Int(Rnd * 2)
For y = 1 To 31
  If Int(Rnd * VScroll1.Value) = 0 Then matrix(1, y + 1) =
MyNot(matrix(1, y)) Else matrix(1, y + 1) = matrix(1, y)
Next
For x = 1 To 31
  If Int(Rnd * VScroll1.Value) = 0 Then matrix(x + 1, 1) =
MyNot(matrix(x, 1)) Else matrix(x + 1, 1) = matrix(x, 1)
Next
'For x = 2 To 31
'  select case matrix(
'For y = 1 To 32
'  For x = 1 To 32
'    matrix(x, y) = Int(Rnd * 2)
'  Next
'Next
'For y = 1 To 31
'  For x = 1 To 31
'    If matrix(x, y + 1) + matrix(x - 1, y) + matrix(x + 1, y) +
matrix(x, y - 1) < 3 Then matrix(x, y + 1) = 0: matrix(x - 1, y) = 0:
matrix(x + 1, y) = 0: matrix(x, y - 1) = 0 Else a = matrix9(x, y, 1)
'  Next
'Next
'the last part of the randomization - displaying the matrix
For y = 1 To 32
  For x = 1 To 32
    Image2(getindex(x, y)).Picture = Form2.image1(matrix(x, y)).Picture
  Next
Next
Command2.Enabled = True
End Sub

Function MyNot(N)
If N = 1 Then N = 0 Else N = 1
MyNot = N
End Function
Function getindex(x, y)
getindex = x + (32 * y) - 32
End Function

Private Sub Command2_Click()
Command3.Enabled = True
Command4.Enabled = True
For y = 2 To 32
  For x = 2 To 32
    a = matrix(x - 1, y)
    b = matrix(y - 1, x)
    Select Case a + b
      Case 0
        If Int(Rnd * 2 * VScroll1.Value) = 1 Then c = MyNot(c)
      Case 1
        If Int(Rnd * VScroll1.Value) = 1 Then c = MyNot(c)
      Case 2
        If Int(Rnd * vscroll2.Value * VScroll1.Value) = 1 Then c =
MyNot(c)
    End Select
    matrix(x, y) = c
  Next
'  Exit For
Next
For y = 1 To 32
  For x = 1 To 32
    Image2(getindex(x, y)).Picture = Form2.image1(matrix(x, y)).Picture
  Next
Next
End Sub

Private Sub VScroll1_Change()
Label1.Caption = "rnd =" + Str$(VScroll1.Value)
Command1.Enabled = 1
End Sub

Post a reply to this message

> I remember there's such fractal called plasma (bunch of colors
> toghether) that is similar to bozo. I want to have the formula of it
>
> I still know that fractint (fractal maker) still exists and if any of
> you
> are interested, I think I have it somewhere on my site
>
> I tried to make up something that should be quite similar but for some
> reason it doesn't work as expected. it is based on changes (visual basic
> language)

I will forward a fractal plasma macro to you created by Warp through email.

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: