POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : plasma, bozo or whatever, just help me out : Re: plasma, bozo or whatever, just help me out Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: plasma, bozo or whatever, just help me out
From: Peter Popov
Date: 2 Oct 1999 16:20:23
Message: <2Gf2NzofWaVIHLKa2o9z0NIRXJZX@4ax.com>
On Fri, 01 Oct 1999 14:08:01 +0200, Eitan Tal
<eit### [at] netvisionnetil> wrote:

>I know the plasma is a function, I can't seem to see anything near that
>so I am trying to think of something near it.
>
>all fractals that fractint uses are functions and pretty short.

I suggest you look into the FractInt docs. The plasma you are asking
about is constructed by a combination of recursive subdivision, linear
interpolation and inverse-distance-based random error. If you have a
slow enough computer (a 486-66 for example) you can actually see how
FractInt draws it and you'll get a better idea.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700