POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : long render time Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:30:33 EDT (-0400)
  long render time (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Subject: long render time
Date: 3 Sep 1999 16:35:35
Message: <37d03117@news.povray.org>
Hi

I have a pic with two HFs, several animal meshes and clouds using the
stacked plane technique.

Each individual item parses and renders within a few minutes but put
together I suspect a render time in excess of 3 days!

I believe this has something to do with the combination of the HF which use
the superpatch slope texture method with some transparency in one of the
textures and the sky.

Can anyone explain this and possibly suggest a solution.

BTW max_trace_level is set at 124 there are 80 odd planes in the sky! but I
suspect could be lowered but at these render times I'm loath to experiment.

Mick

Post a reply to this message