POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Not so smooth-triangles Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Not so smooth-triangles (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: io175836
Subject: Not so smooth-triangles
Date: 12 Aug 1999 11:03:51
Message: <37B2E254.ED24CA0D@Student.IO.TUDelft.NL>
Hiya everbody

I've created a complex smooth_triangle mesh with 90' corners in it. Wich
worked perfectly fine exept for the fact that the mesh seems to darken
at the edges of the mesh. I've tried every possible way of lighting it,
but i can't seem to get rid of these patches.

Why does this happen and how can you eliminate it?

Maurits Dekker

Post a reply to this message

> I've created a complex smooth_triangle mesh with 90' corners in it. Wich
> worked perfectly fine exept for the fact that the mesh seems to darken
> at the edges of the mesh. I've tried every possible way of lighting it,
> but i can't seem to get rid of these patches.
>
> Why does this happen and how can you eliminate it?
>
> Maurits Dekker

Try working with different values of diffuse and ambient in you finish statement
and you should be able to minimize the effect you are seeing.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: