POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Not so smooth-triangles : Re: Not so smooth-triangles Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not so smooth-triangles
From: Lance Birch
Date: 12 Aug 1999 12:44:51
Message: <37b2fa03@news.povray.org>
Sometimes the computed normals on edges that are meant to be sharp end up
being shaded causing extreme shading... I've had that problem a few times.
The way to get around it is to set a limiting angle at which it doesn't
computer a normal and makes it a flat triangle.  (maybe)

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind