POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Orthographic Oddity Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  Orthographic Oddity (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Ken
Subject: Orthographic Oddity
Date: 7 Aug 1999 14:47:04
Message: <37AC7E93.DE5D21F9@pacbell.net>
Yowser !

In the following bit of code the scene renders as expected when the ortographic
camera type is commented out. When it is used however the pattern on the z axis
plane continues uninterrupted on the y axis plane as if the pattern were applied
to both. Why ?

#declare Num=255;
#declare Twist= 180;

#declare foo =
pigment{ spotted turbulence z*.25 frequency 1
pigment_map {
          [.25 granite   color_map{[0 rgb<  1, 0,0.0>][1 rgb<.35,.2,0>]}]
          [.50 spiral1 2 color_map{[0 rgb<.45,.3,0.0>][1 rgb<.35,.2,0>]}]
          [.75 granite   color_map{[0 rgb<  1, 0,.75>][1 rgb<.35,.2,0>]}]
      }
 }

plane{ -z, 0
  texture {
    finish { ambient 1 }
    pigment { spherical
       pigment_map {
        #declare i=0;
        #while (i<Num)
            [i/Num foo rotate z*Twist*i/Num ]
          #declare i=i+1;
        #end
       }
     }
   }
 }

camera{ location <0,0,-6.5> look_at 0
//  orthographic
}

plane{y,-1.5 pigment{rgb 1}finish{ambient .35 diffuse .35}}

background{rgb .65}

light_source{<0,100,-1000>,1}

--
Ken Tyler