POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Orthographic Oddity : Re: Orthographic Oddity Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:32:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orthographic Oddity
From: Ken
Date: 8 Aug 1999 14:52:19
Message: <37ADD08A.2CC994CA@pacbell.net>
PoD wrote:

> When you use the orthographic camera, all the camera rays are parallel.
> This means that when the points below the y=-1.5 plane are rendered, the
> camera is effectively below this plane as well.
> When the pixel representing <0,0,0> is rendered, the effective camera
> location is <0,0,-6.5>, when <20,-10,0> is rendered, the camera is at
> <20,-10,-6.5> etc.
> So you are looking _under_ the horizontal plane.
>
> Cheers, PoD.

 A good explaination and one I will accept. Next question then is should Pov
be able to see through solid object like this regardless of camera type ?
It seems to defy the laws of the physical world as I know them to be.

--
Ken Tyler

Older   Links Page: http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm
Updated Links Page: http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/bkmrk999.htm