POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Creating Spheres of Triangles Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:31:06 EDT (-0400)
  Creating Spheres of Triangles (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Lars W
Subject: Creating Spheres of Triangles
Date: 30 Jun 1999 19:49:45
Message: <377aad19@news.povray.org>
Hi

I wan't to construct an Sphere out of triangles ,( i know the standard
POV-Sphere is faster and better and
so on, but i need a trianglesphere ), does anybody know of resources, or has
an tutorial by him self
for doing that. it should be possible to say, how complex the sphere should
be, and it should
NOT look like an globe, best would be an sphere out of evenly sized
triangles.

thanks in advance.

Lars Wolter

Post a reply to this message

> I wan't to construct an Sphere out of triangles ,( i know the standard
> POV-Sphere is faster and better and
> so on, but i need a trianglesphere ), does anybody know of resources, or has
> an tutorial by him self
> for doing that. it should be possible to say, how complex the sphere should
> be, and it should
> NOT look like an globe, best would be an sphere out of evenly sized
> triangles.
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> Lars Wolter

  I could easily make you a few triangle spheres using different parameters.
I have a couple of different programs that can do this but I have no pov
script that can accomplish this.

  For an example download my disco ball source with has a triangle based
sphere. It is located in the following location: