POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Creating Spheres of Triangles : Re: Creating Spheres of Triangles Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:30:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating Spheres of Triangles
From: Ken
Date: 30 Jun 1999 20:02:10
Message: <377AAFC2.7B031B6@pacbell.net>
"Lars W." wrote:

> Hi
>
> I wan't to construct an Sphere out of triangles ,( i know the standard
> POV-Sphere is faster and better and
> so on, but i need a trianglesphere ), does anybody know of resources, or has
> an tutorial by him self
> for doing that. it should be possible to say, how complex the sphere should
> be, and it should
> NOT look like an globe, best would be an sphere out of evenly sized
> triangles.
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> Lars Wolter

  I could easily make you a few triangle spheres using different parameters.
I have a couple of different programs that can do this but I have no pov
script that can accomplish this.

  For an example download my disco ball source with has a triangle based
sphere. It is located in the following location:

    Subject: Reflecting Mirrored Ball Scene
       Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 16:20:32 -0800
       From: Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
 Newsgroups: povray.binaries.scene-files

  You might also be able to fake it using a prism object.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net